Seahawks, playing in just 32 games in three seasons. Last se

Bug reports and suggestions or complaints about current and future releases go here.

Seahawks, playing in just 32 games in three seasons. Last se

Postby xusuwen96 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Veteran skip Kevin Koe already has one world title and two national titles on his resume. His next mission is to qualify for the Winter Olympics and hes assembling a new team to try to make it happen. Koe plans to leave the rink he guided to victory at the Tim Hortons Brier for a new lineup that will include Marc Kennedy at third, Ben Hebert at lead and Brent Laing at second. Its an experienced all-star crew that will have its eye on qualification for the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. "It was not an easy decision," Koe told The Canadian Press from Calgary. "But I felt the timing was good personally for me -- just with the next Olympic cycle coming up -- to make a change." News of the change broke last month before the team departed for the world championship in China. The moves werent formally announced until the Canadian Curling Association issued a news release Tuesday. Koe and his Calgary-based team of third Pat Simmons, second Carter Rycroft and lead Nolan Thiessen settled for a disappointing fourth-place finish last weekend in Beijing. Theyll play their last event together as a foursome at the April 15-20 Grand Slam Players Championship in Summerside, P.E.I. Koe discussed his plans with his teammates last month after they won the Brier in Kamloops, B.C. He admitted it was a "difficult conversation," but doesnt think it affected their play overseas. "I think the guys would say the same thing," Koe said. "If anything, we wanted to win a world championship for each other that much more." The period right after an Olympic Games is always an interesting one on the curling scene. Not everyone is necessarily keen to make another four-year commitment for a variety of factors, including age, jobs and family commitments. Some teams are locked in and ready for the next quadrennial while other players need to move quickly to position themselves before potential vacancies are filled. Qualification events for the 2017 Canadian Curling Trials wont be far off once the new season begins so teams will want to find their rhythm as soon as possible. "I think its more a function of just the way curling has gone," Koe said. "Most years curling changes happen now after an Olympic year. Thats just the nature of the beast I guess. Teams get together to make that big run. "It was no disrespect to the guys. I dont think teams can stay together forever. Our team wasnt going to be staying together with Carter slowing down. So those are just some of the reasons that went into my decision." Rycroft, whose wife is pregnant, had originally planned to take time next season off. However, Thiessen said that plan would be modified so they can enter the 2014 Canada Cup, the 2015 World Financial Group Continental Cup and be the first Team Canada in the history of the Brier. Simmons, Rycroft and Thiessen will name their new skip at a later date. "Teams just kind of run their course," Thiessen said from Edmonton. "We probably -- even though we won the Brier this year -- we were starting to get towards the line of maybe running its course. Kevin had a great opportunity. Thats a great team that hes setting up. "Everyones got to do whats best for them and thats what he did. He went and (will) play with those guys and I mean, who wouldnt? Its three great players that he went to play with." Koe won his other national title and lone world title in 2010 with Rycroft, Thiessen and Blake MacDonald. Simmons later replaced MacDonald but the core of the team spent eight years together. The team members said they will remain good friends, adding next weeks competition will be emotional for all involved. Kennedy and Hebert won Olympic gold at the 2010 Games in Vancouver with skip Kevin Martin, who supported the lineup change. Martin has said he plans to decide on his curling future by the end of June. Laing won world titles with veteran Ontario skip Glenn Howard in 2007 and 2012. "At the end of day with everything else considered, it was just too great of an opportunity to turn down for me," Laing said from Barrie, Ont. Howard wasnt available for comment. Hes expected to name Laings replacement in the coming weeks. Bill Russell Jersey . - While a fast-paced offence has become more of a fixture in recent years, the San Antonio Spurs can still grind out games when needed. Larry Bird Jersey . -- ETwaun Moore had 14 points in 30 minutes, and the Orlando Magic defeated the Detroit Pistons 87-86 on Sunday night. http://www.authenticcelticsproshop.com/ ... al-Jersey/. Beckham says "nothing has been confirmed yet, but its something I am very excited about." He adds that "Miami is something that really excites me because there is a great energy down there. Kyrie Irving Jersey . After just two league games in June, Toronto (6-4-1) will go on to play seven in July plus a friendly against Tottenham. Five of those contests are against Eastern Conference opposition, meaning valuable points in the playoff race are on the line. Reggie Lewis Jersey .ca NHL Power Rankings, finally overtaking the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks, who rank second and third this week.RENTON, Wash. -- Linebacker OBrien Schofield and cornerback A.J. Jefferson have both agreed to terms to join the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks. Schofield announced on his Twitter page Friday that he was re-signing with the Seahawks. Jeffersons agent also tweeted about the cornerback joining the Seahawks after he was released last November by Minnesota following an arrest. The Seahawks confirmed later Friday that both players had agreed to terms with the team. Seattle also announced it would not pick up the fifth-year contract option on former first-round pick James Carpenter, making him eligible to be a free agent after the 2014 season. Schofield proved important early last season when injuries hit the Seahawks defence. Schofield appeared in 15 regular-season games with two starts. He finished with one sack and appeared in two playoff games. Schofield agreed to a deal with the New York Giants in free agency but the deal was voided. Jefferson appeared in 25 games combined over the past two seasons with Minnesota. His best season came in 2011 with Arizona when he had 59 tackles and one interception. Jefferson was released by the Vikings last Novembeer after he was arrested and jailed on a domestic assault complaint.dddddddddddd According to Hennepin County, Minnesota, court records, Jefferson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanour charge in March and is on probation for one year. Jefferson also had to pay $1,078 in fines and fees. Carpenter was Seattles first-round selection in 2011. Hes struggled to maintain a starting spot with the Seahawks, playing in just 32 games in three seasons. Last season was the first time Carpenter was healthy for an entire year and he started 10 of 16 games. He also started at left guard in the Super Bowl. Seattle also announced moves on its coaching staff, adding Chris Morgan as an assistant offensive line coach, Chad Morton as an assistant special teams coach and Will Harriger as an offensive assistant. Morgan comes to Seattle from the Washington Redskins, while Morton most recently worked for Green Bay once his playing career ended. Harriger was most recently coaching at Florida. The Seahawks also announced that Nate Carroll -- son of coach Pete Carroll -- will now be Seattles assistant wide receivers coach and John Glenn will be a quality control coach for the defence Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
xusuwen96

Return to Bugs, feature requests, and complaints